First Baptist Church of Chino
In 1887, Swedish Baptists started worship service in Chino, and on May 6th, 1888 the organization of the church was finished and known as The First Swedish Baptist Church. The services were conducted in Swedish and held in the school house until the congregation secured a building for the Church.
The services were changed shortly to include the English speaking Baptists in the area that wished to join. The first English service was on November 1888. The Church was later renamed the First Baptist Church of Chino in 1892.
The Church was moved to 7th street in between C and D street and moved again to the corner of 6th and C street. A Sunday School unit was added in 1925 after the move. The Church is now home to the La Nueva Jerusalem Church as of 2013.