The Chino Youth Museum was originally the First National Bank, opening its doors to the public in 1912. Before that, the bank was the Chino State Bank, located in what used to be the Chino Champion Building, with Edwin Rhodes as Director. The counter and safe used by the bank are still in the original building.
The name of the bank was later changed to the First National Bank of Chino and was moved into a new building at 6th and D Streets in 1925. The vault door was moved to the building and installed in the building’s basement. That bank operated until purchased by the Bank of Italy, now Bank of America.
The Chino Youth Museum opened its door to the public on December 12, 1999. In May 2011, the vault door was installed in the Schoolhouse Museum for the community to enjoy a piece of Chino’s history.